How it Works
When Gifting a Meal – Recipient's Choice
- You provide recipient's contact information, number of servings and purchase the meal. It’s that simple!
- Email is sent to the recipient informing them that you are sending them a gift of a hot, family style meal.
- Recipient clicks on a link to Food for Comfort's website where they can select the meal of their choice and the date and time of delivery that is convenient for them.
- Recipient enjoys a hot, fresh, delicious family style meal of their choosing delivered right to their door at their convenience.
When You’d Like to Choose the Meal Yourself
- You provide recipient's contact information, select the meal, number of servings, date & time of delivery, and purchase meal.
- Email is sent to the recipient informing them that you are sending them a gift of a hot, family style meal, including details of the meal and delivery.
- Recipient clicks on a link to confirm the order to ensure they know to expect it and someone is home to receive it (the recipient may also make changes to the order if desired including changing the meal or rescheduling delivery).
- Recipient enjoys a hot, fresh, delicious family style meal delivered right to their door.
- You can also order a family style meal for yourself and your own family.
Food for Comfort makes it easy to send a hot, fresh, delicious family style meal right to your loved one’s door. It’s a thoughtful way to show you care and offer support especially in the event of a new baby, death or illness in the family.
One of the best features of Food for Comfort is that we can contact the recipient and let the recipient select the meal of their choice and schedule delivery at their convenience. So often, people want to help but aren’t sure about food preferences, dietary restrictions or when to schedule the delivery. We take the guesswork out, by allowing the recipient to choose.
Unlike a gift card, there is no dollar amount shown. You are sending them a meal, not a monetary gift which may be preferable especially in the event of a death or illness in the family.
However, we do make gift cards available if you aren’t sure how many servings to send, you think they might like to order something other than a meal, or you simply prefer to send a gift card.